Last Updated Date: December 21, 2020
IF YOU SUBSCRIBE TO THE SERVICES FOR A TERM (THE “INITIAL TERM”), THEN THE TERMS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY RENEWED FOR ADDITIONAL PERIODS OF THE SAME DURATION AS THE INITIAL TERM AT COMPANY’S THEN-CURRENT FEE FOR SUCH SERVICES UNLESS YOU OPT OUT OF THE AUTO-RENEWAL IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 7.3 (SERVICE SUBSCRIPTION FEES; AUTOMATIC RENEWAL) BELOW.
1. USE OF THE SERVICES AND COMPANY PROPERTIES.
- General Use. The Website, the Services, and the information and content available on the Website (as these terms are defined herein) (each, a “Company Property” and collectively, the “Company Properties”) are protected by copyright laws throughout the world. Subject to the Agreement, Company grants you and the individuals you authorize to use the Company Properties, limited to the number of users indicated on your Order Form (“Your Users”), a limited license to reproduce portions of Company Properties for the sole purpose of using the Services for personal or internal business purposes. Unless otherwise specified by Company in a separate license, your right to use any and all Company Properties is subject to the Agreement. You are responsible for Your Users and you agree to ensure that Your Users comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Updates. You understand that Company Properties are evolving. You acknowledge and agree that Company may update Company Properties with or without notifying you. You may need to update third-party software from time to time in order to use Company Properties.
- Certain Restrictions. The rights granted to you and Your Users in the Agreement are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you and Your Users shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, reproduce, distribute, host or otherwise commercially exploit Company Properties or any portion of Company Properties, including the Website; (b) you and Your Users shall not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other Company Properties (including images, text, page layout or form) of Company; (c) you and Your Users shall not use any metatags or other “hidden text” using Company’s name or trademarks;(d) you and Your Users shall not modify, translate, adapt, merge, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of Company Properties except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law; (e) you and Your Users shall not use any manual or automated software, devices or other processes (including but not limited to spiders, robots, scrapers, crawlers, avatars, data mining tools or the like) to “scrape” or download data from any web pages contained in the Website (except that we grant the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials); (f) except as expressly stated herein, no part of Company Properties may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means; and (h) you and Your Users shall not remove or destroy any copyright notices or other proprietary markings contained on or in Company Properties. Any future release, update or other addition to Company Properties shall be subject to the Agreement. Company, its suppliers and service providers reserve all rights not granted in the Agreement. Any unauthorized use of any Company Property terminates the licenses granted by Company pursuant to the Agreement.
- Registering Your Account. In order to access certain features of Company Properties you may be required to become a Registered User. For purposes of the Agreement, a “Registered User” is a user who has registered an account on the Website (“Account”), has a valid account on a third party service that the Company supports, such as a Google account, through which the user has connected to the Website (each such account, a “Third-Party Account”).
- Access Through a Third Party Account. If you access the Company Properties through a Third Party Account as part of the functionality of the Website and/or the Services, you may link your Account with Third-Party Accounts, by allowing Company to access your Third-Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third-Party Account. You represent that you are entitled to disclose your Third-Party Account login information to Company and/or grant Company access to your Third-Party Account (including, but not limited to, for use for the purposes described herein) without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third-Party Account and without obligating Company to pay any fees or making Company subject to any usage limitations imposed by such third-party service providers. Depending on the Third-Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third-Party Accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your Third-Party Accounts may be available on and through your Account on Company Properties. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THAT MAY BE PROVIDED TO IT BY SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS IN VIOLATION OF THE PRIVACY SETTINGS THAT YOU HAVE SET IN SUCH THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS.
- Registration Data. In registering an account on the Website, you agree to (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form (the “Registration Data”); and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You represent that you are (i) at least eighteen (18) years old; (ii) of legal age to form a binding contract; and (iii) not a person barred from using Company Properties under the laws of the United States, your place of residence or any other applicable jurisdiction. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account, including the activities of Your Users. You may not share your Account or password with anyone, and you agree to (y) notify Company immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security; and (z) exit from your Account at the end of each session. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Company has reasonable grounds to suspect that any information you provide is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Company has the right to suspend or terminate your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of Company Properties (or any portion thereof). You agree not to create an Account using a false identity or information, or on behalf of someone other than yourself. You agree that you shall not have more than one Account per platform at any given time. Company reserves the right to remove or reclaim any usernames at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to, claims by a third party that a username violates the third party’s rights. You agree not to create an Account or use Company Properties if you have been previously removed by Company, or if you have been previously banned from any of Company Properties.
- Your Account. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, you acknowledge and agree that you shall have no ownership or other property interest in your Account, and you further acknowledge and agree that all rights in and to your Account are and shall forever be owned by and inure to the benefit of Company.
3. RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONTENT.
- Types of Content. You acknowledge that all video, audio, text, and other content (“Content”), including Company Properties, is the sole responsibility of the party from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not Company, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available (“Make Available”) through Company Properties (“Your Content”), and that you and other Registered Users of Company Properties, and not Company, are similarly responsible for all Content that you and they Make Available through Company Properties (“User Content”).
- No Obligation to Pre-Screen Content. You acknowledge that Company has no obligation to pre-screen Content (including, but not limited to, User Content), although Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse or remove any Content. By entering into the Agreement, you hereby provide your irrevocable consent to such monitoring. In the event that Company pre-screens, refuses or removes any Content, you acknowledge that Company will do so for Company’s benefit, not yours. Without limiting the foregoing, Company shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the Agreement or is otherwise objectionable.
- Storage. Unless expressly agreed to by Company in writing elsewhere, Company has no obligation to store any of Your Content that you Make Available on Company Properties. Company has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or accuracy of any Content, including Your Content; the failure to store, transmit or receive transmission of Content; or the security, privacy, storage, or transmission of other communications originating with or involving use of Company Properties. Certain Services may enable you to specify the level at which such Services restrict access to Your Content. You are solely responsible for applying the appropriate level of access to Your Content. If you do not choose, the system may default to its most permissive setting. You agree that Company retains the right to create reasonable limits on Company’s use and storage of the Content, including Your Content, such as limits on file size, storage space, processing capacity, and similar limits described on the Website and as otherwise determined by Company in its sole discretion.
- Company Properties. Except with respect to Your Content and User Content, you agree that Company and its suppliers own all rights, title and interest in Company Properties. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying any Company Properties.
- License to Your Content. Subject to any applicable account settings that you select, you grant Company a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive and fully sublicensable right (including any moral rights) and license to use, license, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform, and publicly display Your Content (in whole or in part) for the purposes of operating and providing Company Properties to you and to our other Registered Users. You warrant that the holder of any worldwide intellectual property right, including moral rights, in Your Content, has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license stated above. You agree that you, not Company, are responsible for all of Your Content that you Make Available on or in Company Properties. You may not post or submit for print services a photograph of another person without that person’s permission.
- Feedback. You agree that submission of any ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals to Company through its suggestion, feedback, wiki, forum, or similar pages (“Feedback”) is at your own risk and that Company has no obligations (including without limitation obligations of confidentiality) with respect to such Feedback. You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to submit the Feedback. You hereby grant to Company a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, and fully sublicensable right and license to use, reproduce, perform, display, distribute, adapt, modify, re-format, create derivative works of, and otherwise commercially or non-commercially exploit in any manner, any and all Feedback, and to sublicense the foregoing rights, in connection with the operation and maintenance of Company Properties and/or Company’s business.
5. USER CONDUCT.
As a condition of use, you agree not to use Company Properties for any purpose that is prohibited by this Agreement or by applicable law. You shall not (and shall not permit any third party, including Your Users, to) either (a) take any action or (b) Make Available any Content on or through Company Properties that: (i) infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any person or entity; (ii) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, offensive, or profane; (iii) constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail; (iv) involves commercial activities and/or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes without Company’s prior written consent; (v) impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Company; (vi) interferes with or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of Company Properties or uses Company Properties in any way not expressly permitted by this Agreement; or (vii) attempts to engage in or engage in, any potentially harmful acts that are directed against Company Properties, including but not limited to violating or attempting to violate any security features of Company Properties, using manual or automated software or other means to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any pages contained in Company Properties, introducing viruses, worms, or similar harmful code into Company Properties, or interfering or attempting to interfere with use of Company Properties by any other user, host or network, including by means of overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing” Company Properties.
Company may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review Company Properties and Content at any time. Without limiting the foregoing, Company shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to remove any of Your Content for any reason (or no reason), including if such Content violates the Agreement or any applicable law. Although Company does not generally monitor user activity occurring in connection with Company Properties or Content, if Company becomes aware of any possible violations by you of any provision of the Agreement, Company reserves the right to investigate such violations, and Company may, at its sole discretion, immediately terminate your license to use Company Properties, or change, alter or remove Your Content, in whole or in part, without prior notice to you.
7. FEES AND PURCHASE TERMS.
- General Purpose of Agreement: Sale of Service, not Software. The purpose of the Agreement is for you to secure access to the Services. All fees set forth within and paid by you under the Agreement shall be considered solely in furtherance of this purpose. In no way are these fees paid considered payment for the sale, license, or use of Company’s software, and, furthermore, any use of Company’s software by you in furtherance of the Agreement will be considered merely in support of the purpose of the Agreement.
- Payment. You agree to pay all fees or charges to your Account in accordance with the fees, charges and billing terms in effect at the time a fee or charge is due and payable. You must provide Company with a valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or any other issuer accepted by us) (“Payment Provider”), or choose to use a bank account as your payment method by paying the fees due for your use of our Services by using any valid automated clearing house ("ACH") enabled bank account at a United States-based financial institution, or purchase order information, as a condition to signing up for the Services. Your Payment Provider agreement governs your use of the designated credit card or PayPal account, and you must refer to that agreement, not this Agreement, to determine your rights and liabilities. By providing Company with your credit card number or PayPal account and associated payment information, you agree that Company is authorized to immediately invoice your Account for all fees and charges due and payable to Company hereunder and that no additional notice or consent is required. You agree to immediately notify Company of any change in your billing address or the credit card or PayPal account used for payment hereunder. Company reserves the right at any time to change its prices and billing methods, either immediately upon posting on Company Properties or by e-mail delivery to you.
- Service Subscription Fees; Automatic Renewal. You will be responsible for payment of the applicable fee for any Services (each, a “Service Subscription Fee”) at the time you create your Account and select your subscription package (each, a “Service Commencement Date”). Except as set forth in the Agreement, all fees for the Services are non-refundable. No contract will exist between you and Company for the Services until Company accepts your order by a confirmatory e-mail, SMS/MMS message, or other appropriate means of communication. Subscriptions will continue indefinitely until terminated in accordance with this Agreement. After your initial subscription period, and again after any subsequent subscription period, your subscription will automatically commence on the first day following the end of such period (each a “Renewal Commencement Date”) and continue for an additional equivalent period, at Company’s then-current price for such subscription. You agree that your Account will be subject to this automatic renewal feature unless you cancel your subscription at least thirty (30) days prior to the Renewal Commencement Date (or in the event that you receive a notice from Company that your subscription will be automatically renewed, you will have thirty days from the date of the Company notice), by logging into and going to the “Change/Cancel Membership” page of your “Account Settings” page. If you cancel your subscription, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term; your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires. However, you will not be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription period. By subscribing, you authorize Company to charge your Payment Provider now, and again at the beginning of any subsequent subscription period.
- Taxes. If any services, or payments for any services, under the Agreement are subject to any Sales Tax in any jurisdiction and you have not remitted the applicable Sales Tax to Company, you will be responsible for the payment of such Sales Tax and any related penalties or interest to the relevant tax authority, and you will indemnify Company for any liability or expense Company may incur in connection with such Sales Taxes. Upon Company’s request, you will provide it with official receipts issued by the appropriate taxing authority, or other such evidence that you have paid all applicable taxes. For purposes of this section, “Sales Tax” shall mean any sales or use tax and any other tax measured by sales proceeds that is the functional equivalent of a sales tax where the applicable taxing jurisdiction does not otherwise impose a sales or use tax.
- Free Trials and Other Promotions. Any free trial or other promotion that provides Registered User level access to the Services must be used within the specified time of the trial. At the end of the trial period, your use of that Service will expire and any further use of the Service is prohibited unless you pay the applicable subscription fee. If you are inadvertently charged for a subscription, please contact Company to have the charges reversed.
You agree to indemnify and hold Company, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners, suppliers, and licensors (each, a “Company Party” and collectively, the “Company Parties”) harmless from any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of any and all of the following: (a) Your Content; (b) your and Your Users’ use of, or inability to use, any Company Property; (c) your or Your Users’ violation of the Agreement; (d) your or Your Users’ violation of any rights of another party, including any Registered Users; or (e) your or Your Users’ violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. Company reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with Company in asserting any available defenses. This provision does not require you to indemnify any of the Company Parties for any unconscionable commercial practice by such party or for such party’s fraud, deception, false promise, misrepresentation or concealment, or suppression or omission of any material fact in connection with the Website or any Services provided hereunder. You agree that the provisions in this section will survive any termination of your Account, the Agreement and/or your access to Company Properties.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS.
- As Is. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOUR USE OF COMPANY PROPERTIES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND COMPANY PROPERTIES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. COMPANY PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT ARISING FROM USE OF THE WEBSITE. 1) COMPANY PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR CONDITION THAT: (1) COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) YOUR USE OF COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; OR (3) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE. 2) ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED FROM OR OTHERWISE ACCESSED THROUGH COMPANY PROPERTIES IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM AND ANY DEVICE YOU USE TO ACCESS COMPANY PROPERTIES, OR ANY OTHER LOSS THAT RESULTS FROM ACCESSING SUCH CONTENT. 3) THE SERVICES MAY BE SUBJECT TO DELAYS, CANCELLATIONS AND OTHER DISRUPTIONS. COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR CONDITION WITH RESPECT TO SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE QUALITY, EFFECTIVENESS, REPUTATION AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF SERVICES. 4) NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM COMPANY OR THROUGH COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. 5) FROM TIME TO TIME, COMPANY MAY OFFER NEW “BETA” FEATURES OR TOOLS WITH WHICH ITS USERS MAY EXPERIMENT. SUCH FEATURES OR TOOLS ARE OFFERED SOLELY FOR EXPERIMENTAL PURPOSES AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND MAY BE MODIFIED OR DISCONTINUED AT COMPANY’S SOLE DISCRETION. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION APPLY WITH FULL FORCE TO SUCH FEATURES OR TOOLS.
- No Liability for Conduct of Third Parties. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT COMPANY PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE, AND YOU AGREE NOT TO SEEK TO HOLD COMPANY PARTIES LIABLE, FOR THE CONDUCT OF THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING OPERATORS OF EXTERNAL SITES, AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM SUCH THIRD PARTIES RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
- No Liability for Conduct of Other Users. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF COMPANY PROPERTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT COMPANY DOES NOT MAKE ANY ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF USERS OF COMPANY PROPERTIES. COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE GOODS OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS. [COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF ANY SUCH GOODS OR SERVICES, OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY USER CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH COMPANY PROPERTIES.]
- Third-Party Materials. As a part of Company Properties, you may have access to materials that are hosted by another party. You agree that it is impossible for Company to monitor such materials and that you access these materials at your own risk.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
- Disclaimer of Certain Damages. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR DATA, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES OR COSTS DUE TO LOSS OF PRODUCTION OR USE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, IN EACH CASE WHETHER OR NOT COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE AGREEMENT OR ANY COMMUNICATIONS, INTERACTIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OF COMPANY PROPERTIES, ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, RESULTING FROM: (a) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE COMPANY PROPERTIES; (b) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED; OR MESSAGES RECEIVED FOR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH COMPANY PROPERTIES; (c) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (d) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON COMPANY PROPERTIES; OR (e) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATED TO COMPANY PROPERTIES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, COPYRIGHT, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY OF A COMPANY PARTY FOR (i) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY A COMPANY PARTY’S NEGLIGENCE; OR FOR (ii) ANY INJURY CAUSED BY A COMPANY PARTY’S FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION.
- Cap on Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, COMPANY PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR MORE THAN THE GREATER OF (a) THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID TO COMPANY BY YOU DURING THE ONE-MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO THE ACT, OMISSION OR OCCURRENCE GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY; (b) $100; OR (c) THE REMEDY OR PENALTY IMPOSED BY THE STATUTE UNDER WHICH SUCH CLAIM ARISES. THE FOREGOING CAP ON LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY OF A COMPANY PARTY FOR (i) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY A COMPANY PARTY’S NEGLIGENCE; OR FOR (ii) ANY INJURY CAUSED BY A COMPANY PARTY’S FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION.
- Exclusion of Damages. CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
- Basis of the Bargain. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN COMPANY AND YOU.
11. MONITORING AND ENFORCEMENT.
- Company reserves the right to:(a)remove or refuse to post any of your Content for any or no reason in our sole discretion; (b) take any action with respect to any of your Content that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including if we believe that such Content violates this Agreement, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of the Company Properties or the public, or could create liability for the Company; (c) disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy; (d) take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Company Properties; and/or (e) terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Company Properties for any or no reason, including without limitation, any violation of this Agreement.
If Company becomes aware of any possible violations by you of the Agreement, Company reserves the right to investigate such violations. If, as a result of the investigation, Company believes that criminal activity has occurred, Company reserves the right to refer the matter to, and to cooperate with, any and all applicable legal authorities. Company is entitled, except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, to disclose any information or materials on or in Company Properties, including Your Content, in Company’s possession in connection with your use of Company Properties, to (i) comply with applicable laws, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce the Agreement, (iii) respond to any claims that Your Content violates the rights of third parties, (iv) respond to your requests for customer service, or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Company, its Registered Users or the public, and all enforcement or other government officials, as Company in its sole discretion believes to be necessary or appropriate.
12. TERM AND TERMINATION.
- Term. The Agreement commences on the earlier of the date you submit your Order Form or accept this Agreement (in accordance with the preamble) and remains in full force and effect for the term indicated on the Order Form.
- Termination for Cause. If you or one of Your User’s materially breach any provision of the Agreement, the Company has the right to terminate the Agreement, if not cured within ten (10) days after notice thereof. The Company reserves the right to suspend access to the Company Properties to any of Your Users who violate this Agreement.
- Effect of Termination. Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement, (a) all licenses and rights granted hereunder will immediately terminate, and (b) access to the Company Properties will be disabled. All provisions of the Agreement which by their nature should survive, shall survive termination of the Agreement, including without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability.
13. INTERNATIONAL USERS.
Company Properties can be accessed from countries around the world and may contain references to Services and Content that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that Company intends to announce such Services or Content in your country. Company Properties are controlled and offered by Company from its facilities in the United States of America. Company makes no representations that Company Properties are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use Company Properties from other countries do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
14. GENERAL PROVISIONS.
- Electronic Communications. The communications between you and Company may take place via electronic means, whether you visit Company Properties or send Company e-mails, or whether Company posts notices on Company Properties or communicates with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from Company in an electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Company provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were to be in writing. The foregoing does not affect your statutory rights, including but not limited to the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act at 15 U.S.C. §7001 et seq. (“E-Sign”).
- Release. You hereby release Company Parties and their successors from claims, demands, any and all losses, damages, rights, and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from your use of Company Properties, including but not limited to, any interactions with or conduct of other Users or third-party websites of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Agreement or your use of Company Properties. If you are a California resident, you hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states, “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.” The foregoing release does not apply to any claims, demands, or any losses, damages, rights and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death or property damage for any unconscionable commercial practice by a Company Party or for such party’s fraud, deception, false, promise, misrepresentation or concealment, suppression or omission of any material fact in connection with the Website [or any Services provided hereunder].
- Assignment. The Agreement, and your rights and obligations hereunder, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated or otherwise transferred by you without Company’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void.
- Force Majeure. Company shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargos, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
- Exclusive Venue. To the extent the parties are permitted under this Agreement to initiate litigation in a court, both you and Company agree that all claims and disputes arising out of or relating to the Agreement will be litigated exclusively in the state or federal courts located in San Mateo County, California.
- Governing Law. THE TERMS AND ANY ACTION RELATED THERETO WILL BE GOVERNED AND INTERPRETED BY AND UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, CONSISTENT WITH THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY PRINCIPLES THAT PROVIDE FOR THE APPLICATION OF THE LAW OF ANOTHER JURISDICTION. THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE AGREEMENT.
- Choice of Language. It is the express wish of the parties that the Agreement and all related documents have been drawn up in English.
- Notice. Where Company requires that you provide an e-mail address, you are responsible for providing Company with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address you provided to Company is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you any notices required/ permitted by the Agreement, Company’s dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice. You may give notice to Company at the following address: 765 South Van Ness, San Francisco CA US, 94110. Such notice shall be deemed given when received by Company by letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery service or first class postage prepaid mail at the above address.
- Waiver. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of the Agreement on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion.
- Severability. If any portion of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intention of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Entire Agreement. The Agreement is the final, complete and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and merges all prior discussions between the parties with respect to such subject matter.